Digital Content Editor
Outspoken Media seeks a Digital Content Editor to join its client services team to help drive organic growth across all platforms for clients and the agency. This editor will be a key component on critical jobs helping to review contracted website content for clients, as well as social media and promotional copy and other channels critical to audience development. The job will also involve working on strategic growth initiatives, and training internal team members, clients and vendors on content best practices for tone and voice, brand considerations, accuracy and readability.
The ideal candidate will be collaborative, detail-orientated and comfortable working in a fast-paced, client-focused agency. You will also be organized and reliable, working on a small team that covers many projects and is focused on delivering high quality deliverables to clients and teammates on time and budget.
- Ensure all content produced by the agency meets high quality standards for readability, accuracy, structure, engagement, and optimization.
- Help shape, optimize, test, and fine-tune editorial strategy for client websites and occasionally digital channels.
- Manage content calendars, refining the publishing process to increase delivery times, improve quality, and reduce inefficiencies.
- Contribute editorial perspective on content systems and workflow.
- Manage editorial aspects of some client projects including new website development, content consolidation, resource development, and more as relevant and prioritized.
- Edit and occasionally write supplemental content to meet the requirements of the piece for articles, blog posts, and other online content, including image and video assets.
- Develop relationships with content partners to identify the best writers for particular assignments.
- Develop relationships with potential sources (client-side or solicited by the agency), occasionally interviewing and capturing quotes for content.
- Contribute content ideas during content reviews and suggest new formats and process improvements to test to always better the quality of client and agency work.
- Engage with content partners across the agency to create compelling content and engage client stakeholders as-needed.
- Contribute to the development of content briefs.
- Ensure content produced aligns with the content brief vision for quality, intent, structure, creative, and optimization.
- Manage content assets across digital tools: Google Drive, Basecamp, Microsoft Office, and client-specific content tools (like Gather Content and other content organization platforms).
- Ensure third-party content isn’t plagiarized by using tools like Copyscape or advanced search operators to spot test content.
- Contribute to the ideation and testing of proprietary tools.
- At least 3-5 years experience with digital copy editing either for agencies or newsrooms
- Extensive headline and description-writing experience for all platforms.
- Working knowledge of standard web tools, CMS systems and technical content platforms
- Knowledge of various editing styles: MLA, APA or Chicago
- Ability to spot, quickly shape, and reliably line-edit web copy including blog posts, service pages, homepages, press releases, social copy, and other miscellaneous digital copy
- Experience in creating content across multiple media
- Experience reviewing multiple writer’s copy of varying quality levels
- Experience working with basic HTML content elements and document outlines
- Working knowledge of content briefs, keywords, hyperlinks, and meta data
- Bachelor of Arts degree or equivalent
- Editing samples will be requested as part of the application process
- Good work/life balance
- Transparent, drama-free work environment
- Flexible work schedules
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous leave policies
- Retirement plans with matching
- Quarterly profit sharing
- Life insurance
- New parent and family-friendly benefits
- Excellent health insurance and company contributions to premiums
- Gym membership
- Professional development plan designed around your education and growth