Office Assistant (part-time)
The Office Assistant is responsible for keeping the Outspoken Media team happy and the office beautiful! This is a part-time position working with the Director of Operations to manage all office, facilities, safety, community, and fun-related activities. The Office Assistant role will contribute to the successful growth of the company by ensuring all team members have what they need to succeed and the office runs smoothly. The right candidate sees their role as essential to the protection and support of our clients and team, and hopes to learn a significant amount about the operations of agency life.
This is a part time, non-exempt, position located in Troy, NY.
The office assistant maybe asked to do the following and more:
- Office organization, upkeep, and light cleaning
- Order office supplies
- Maintain parking passes
- Post, ship, and receive mail
- Light data entry, filing, document management, and review
- Run office-related errands and perform other tasks as-needed
- Coordinate and book team travel
- Conduct research for team and office needs
- Discover team needs and research new, best-of-breed options for team happiness
- Help manage team happiness initatives
- Support remote Technology Manager in hardware acquisition and setup
- Oversee office safety and emergency preparedness
- Team meal coordination
- Manage special events, community sponsorships, volunteer activities, and team activities (holiday party, birthdays, happy hour, etc)
The preferred candidate possesses the following skills:
- Superior written, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail, exceptional listening skills, and confident communication with a variety of roles
- Excellent community communication and relationship management experience
- Demonstrated ability to make sound business decisions and judgments
- Flexibility with team change, company growth, and feedback
- Passion for learning about marketing and agency life
- A working knowledge of QuickBooks Online preferred.
- A high level of confidentiality is required, as well as excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Should have a minimum of an Associate’s Degree, with preference given to those with a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- 1 year of experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports with proven bookkeeping experience, preferred, but not required.
Unbolded benefits listed below are extended to any employee who works 30 hours or more per week. However, we do have creative and negotiable benefits for part-time employees with less hours including everything bolded below.
- Good work/life balance
- Transparent, drama-free work environment
- Flexible work schedules
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous leave policies
- Retirement plans with matching
- Quarterly profit sharing
- Life insurance
- New parent and family-friendly benefits
- Excellent health insurance and company contributions to premiums
- Professional development plan designed around your education and growth
- Coffee, tea, and chocolate