Outspoken Media is growing a digital marketing agency with experienced team members and innovative clients who align with our values (passion, honesty, accountability, results, and social responsibility). We’re seeking qualified individuals who can contribute their knowledge, creativity, and drive to get things done to our growing team. The right candidate sees their role as essential to the protection and support of the team and hopes to learn a significant amount about the operations of agency life.
The Marketing Assistant plays an important client service role at Outspoken Media. The Marketing Assistant works as a member of account teams, performing assigned tasks and carrying out activities as directed by the Account Manager, strategists, Leadership team or other senior members of account teams. The Marketing Assistant works daily to carry out tasks and activities to achieve client goals as detailed in project plans, and is expected to spend at minimum 80% of their time on client-billable tasks.
To successfully perform in this role requires the Assistant to understand the client’s organization, goals and objectives, basic business and marketing concepts, and to communicate effectively internally and externally. The successful Marketing Assistant must be able to work quickly and accurately, receive direction well, and possess the ability to think critically and ask insightful questions.
The position is based in Troy, NY and reports to the Director of Client Services.
The Marketing Assistant may be asked to do the following and more:
- Perform technical, content and site audits, as directed
- Develop content (visual and written) to support reputation marketing campaigns.
- Perform keyword, backlink, competitive and market research.
- Successfully promote client-related content in appropriate channels.
- Perform other research and analysis as directed.
- Provide graphic design, illustration and other visual creative services.
- Prepare monthly reports on client deliverables, as directed.
- Assist account team to maintain client calendars, schedules and due-dates.
- Draft client correspondence.
- Act as liaison with vendors on client deliverables, as directed.
- Review client deliverables, checking for typographical errors, goal alignment, tone, effectiveness.
- Assist in OSM marketing activities as directed.
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Google Apps,
- Minimum of two years’ related marketing experience.
- Related college-level coursework and/or college degree.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and priorities and meet deadlines.
- Passion for marketing and agency life.
- Good work/life balance
- Transparent, drama-free work environment
- Flexible work schedules
- Unlimited paid time off
- Generous leave policies
- Retirement plans with matching
- Quarterly profit sharing
- Life insurance
- New parent and family-friendly benefits
- Excellent health insurance and company contributions to premiums
- Gym membership
- Professional development plan designed around your education and growth