Marketing Data Analyst
ABOUT OUTSPOKEN MEDIA:
Outspoken Media is a small digital marketing agency with a focus on technical search engine optimization, content strategy and marketing, outreach, and reputation marketing. Founded in 2009 we received immediate industry and media recognition as one of the best SEO agencies in the world. While we have a core small team located in Troy, NY, we are a fast-paced and growing agency with remote team members and international clients.
Our mission -- to build loyal audiences for good organizations.
Our core values -- curiosity, dedication, kindness, honesty, inclusivity, and positivity.
MARKETING DATA ANALYST ROLE:
The ideal candidate for the Marketing Data Analyst role has proven experience with data management, data visualization, data storage, data extraction, marketing analytics, statistics, and related fields. The ideal candidate has also successfully conceptualized, built and maintained a data warehouse to collect, store, query, and visualize information using large data sets and APIs within a for-profit business solving for the needs of multiple business units.
This role is critical to the growth of our agency and will grow accordingly. We anticipate that the needs and problems we face today will be different six months from now, therefore self-guided education, flexibility, and innovation are key to a long-term position with Outspoken Media and should be seen as exciting opportunities.
This position reports to the CEO for the moment, but will likely be reassigned in the coming year or perhaps evolve into a management-level position based on the growth of the candidate and client and agency demand.
- Determine the company’s current data quality and maturity level
- Identify opportunities to improve data quality, extraction, storage, transformation, and visualization
- Establish data policies, standards, organization, and enforcement of data management process
- Develop client and project-specific measurement plans to align business, marketing, and digital objectives with our proposed marketing strategies and project plans
- Coordinate with the assigned Project Manager on any needs for analytics access, client-specific data requirements/requests, dependencies, toolsets, or other areas critical to the successful completion of projects and tasks
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Filter and “clean” data and analytics by reviewing spam trends, analytics reports, and performance indicators to locate and correct problems
- Conceptualize, develop and maintain ongoing reports, dashboards, and accompanying documents that successfully communicate the results and effectiveness of agency recommendations on clients' digital performance
- Create and/or update requirements, design specifications and technical documentation for reporting solutions
- Extrapolate and present meaningful insights, trends, and patterns from complex and large datasets that align with client objectives and agency strategies
- Track and report on the performance of all client campaigns and assigned agency projects
- Independently (or collaboratively with the creative team) use data visualization tools to produce requested assets for client work or agency needs
- Contribute to the successful retention and growth of client relationships by providing accurate reports to key stakeholders in a timely manner and quickly troubleshooting solutions to known data problems
- Work closely with management to prioritize business, client, and information needs
- Build digital reports for management and interdisciplinary teams (report formats may include spreadsheets, presentations, dashboards, written documentation, charts, etc.)
- Provide training and assistance to team members and clients for reporting tools, reports, and analysis
- Successfully nurture and grow relationships with other agency team members and client contacts through effective communication
- Stay informed of industry and technology updates and effectively communicate to the team and clients how those affect data quality, process, tools, web analytics, data visualization, and reporting
- Actively participate in relevant meetings and calls and apply requests to deliverables, new processes, best practices, trainings, new tools, etc.
- Participate in and contribute to group education including, but not limited to, Lunch & Learns, self-guided work, industry reading
Requirements include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must have intermediate to advanced experience with web analytics platforms like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Adobe Analytics
- Must have technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques using tools like Google BigQuery
- Must have experience managing marketing analytics and data solutions for for-profit and enterprise-level businesses
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with examples of active listing, critical thinking, conflict resolution, relationship management, and strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have exceptional attention-to-detail and self-managed processes for ensuring data accuracy through collection, organization, analysis, and dissemination
- Must have experience and an intermediate to advanced-level of comfort with Apple software, Microsoft Office products (Excel), and Google products (Google Sheets and Slides)
- Must have 3+ years analytical experience including report-writing and experience with analyzing data and developing reports or dashboards
- Must be able to present samples of past work
- Prefer candidates with experience running marketing analytics and data warehouses for digital, marketing, or business analytics organizations
- Prefer candidates who can point to specific results achieved as a direct result of your ideas and execution
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required
Benefits include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coverage of individual health insurance premium
- Good dental, vision, supplemental and life policies to choose from
- Simple IRA with up to 3% match of annual salary
- Monthly $50 health and wellness reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Unlimited paid time off for employees
- Agency-wide closures for one week during the winter holidays and summer
- Apple laptops for flexible work environments
- Access to Lynda.com for independent training
- Team lunch and learns and ongoing education
- Casual work environment (jeans are acceptable)
- Flexible daily schedules
- Coffee, tea, snacks
- Dog-friendly office